Help Activate Youth’s mission is to provide youth with opportunities to gain and advance skills that will assist them to become more active and productive members of society.
Help Activate Youth, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, incorporated in 2015 and officially classified as a public charity by the I.R.S. As such, contributions to Help Activate Youth may be tax deductible.
Help Activate Youth was founded by a group of community organizers that are interested in promoting youth literacy and engagement in the fields of computer science, information technology, software development, and related disciplines. The founders specialize in software engineering, architecture and development. Help Activate Youth (HAY) is primarily a volunteer organization. Funding is provided by member contributions, donations from the general public and grants from governments, nonprofits, and private organizations.
Our activities include:
- Promoting tech literacy among youth, ensuring that limited finances do not interfere with technical education development.
- Providing training and education for volunteers to assist youth in learning about information technology, post-secondary education in this sector and internship opportunities.
- Hosting training programs for youth by volunteers to facilitate growth literacy among students from elementary school to high school.
- Focusing on development of tech literacy among youth and young adults.
- Assisting placing youth in relevant internships and externships, where they can learn and apply hands-on skills.